Critical Literacy: expectation and hope



I have heard from seniors about this particular subjects, and all of them claimed that this is the most hard and it is a very critical subject indeed. Maybe that is why it is called Critical literacy, I guess.

Truthfully, I don't have a slightest idea on the content of the subject at the beginning of this semester. But when the classes has started I am starting to get the idea what the subject is about. From the brief explanation given by the lecturer, I can see that this subject is about in depth study of an article. Analysis and critical thinking is applied in completing the assignments for this article.

From my understanding, this subject revolves around the rule of 10. Which are topic, content, source, audience, rhetorical function, purpose, perspective, positioning, impact and visual literacy. I can see that it is important to have full understanding of these components.

I hope that will able to fully mastered in writing the rules of 10. This subject would tough me on how to think critically and outside the box. This is because, sometimes what you see might not be the truth. You need to think from different angle and other perspective to obtain information.


Aside that, this subject also tough on how to write a good essay. By the end of the semester, I wish I have the ability to write a very solid essay with arguments and strong evidences. You are free to write your stance or have any sorts of opinion, but the most importance is, you would have to provide your evidence. Only then, you are a good writer.  

0 comments: